Please login if you are Member or Register to use.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login if you are Member or Register to use.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Tips For Healthy & Beautiful Nails
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:04 am by katesmith

» HOW TO GROW HAIR LONG..!!
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:03 am by katesmith

» Tu Jaane Na - Atif Aslam || ExCluSive||Oct.2o09
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:31 am by gloriashern

» Little Eyes Upon You
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 7:27 am by gloriashern

» UR FAVOURTIE FILMI DIALOGUE
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:42 am by gloriashern

» Avacs Live chat
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 5:58 am by not

» which song u r listening now?
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:41 am by gloriashern

» hey .. :)
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 11:36 am by saba

» last movie trailer you watch ?
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 12:11 pm by gloriashern

» all time favorite Bollywood movie ?
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 7:31 am by gloriashern

» hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 7:28 am by gloriashern

» ذرا پہلے بتا دینا
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:45 am by mnsdall

» New Catagory Created ... ...> Islamic Section
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:31 am by mnsdall

» Participation in FB Feedback / Suggestion
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:10 am by mnsdall

» KFC + khan baba hotel, sab kuch to hay hamary pass
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:07 am by mnsdall

» Attention all members!!
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:12 am by Fiza

» Is it the Global standardization / Adaptation
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 9:37 pm by VirginiaStults

» best drama now a dayz..
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 2:32 am by gloriashern

» KATRINA KAIF LOOKS FOR OFFBEAT MOVIES
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 2:30 am by gloriashern

» ~*~ Welcome S@hil ~*~
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:39 am by saba

» FIGHT CLUB
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 5:03 am by Ashmaker

» Dunya TV-HASB-E-HAAL-17-01-2010
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:20 am by ahmed1321

» What is the best recipe of Rasmalai?
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:17 am by ahmed1321

» ghereloo totky..........!!
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:15 am by ahmed1321

» Missing Corner
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 1:26 am by saba

» Its Buttering Time
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 8:29 am by Ashmaker

» Mazak mazak mai
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 8:26 am by Ashmaker

» ~* kabi jo yad ao tu mera naam pukar lena *~
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 10:45 am by Farhan

» WhAt aRe YoU DoIN RiGht noW...?
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 3:31 pm by saba

» Say Assalam-0-alaikum & Allah Hafiz
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 3:19 pm by saba

Poll

Which mobile company is best in Pakistan?

Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan Vote_lcap50%Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan Vote_rcap 50% [ 9 ]
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan Vote_lcap11%Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan Vote_rcap 11% [ 2 ]
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan Vote_lcap11%Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan Vote_rcap 11% [ 2 ]
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan Vote_lcap17%Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan Vote_rcap 17% [ 3 ]
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan Vote_lcap0%Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 18

Top posters
saba (784)
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan Vote_lcapBeing Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan Voting_barBeing Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan Vote_rcap 
Farhan (700)
Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan Vote_lcapBeing Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan Voting_barBeing Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan Vote_rcap 
Fiza (621)
**AnGel eY3s** (607)
sameerali (333)
Famqi (303)
YUSRA (255)
Admin (200)
Wisdom Escalante (162)
paglihoon (137)

Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan

4 posters

Go down

Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan Empty Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan

Post by Farhan Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:57 am

Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan 73009

Born on the 2nd of Nov 1965 in Delhi to Lateef Fatima and Taj Mohammed Khan, Shahrukh Khan has more than lived up to the literal meaning of his name – “face of a king.”
He is Hindi cinema’s reigning royalty.
Exclusive and elusive, yet charming and charismatic are just some of the ways to describe Shahrukh Khan. The name itself invokes power, passion and panache – the stuff superstars are made of. Behind the façade of the dream machine and the very intimidating oft daunting personality (even Aamir Khan called him charming), is a middle class Delhi boy who grew underneath the charade of the capital’s chaos. Never failing to charm and please, the truly brash and self-effacing SRK will whizz by you with a smile on his face and a nifty oneliner. And you forgive him for his sarcasm, even his vanity, because you truly adore and worship him.

It is surprising just how much of a walking dichotomy India’s biggest movie star is. He has more than cemented his place in the Bollywood pantheon and there would appear to be very few frontiers left to conquer. And yet the man remains as hungry and enthusiastic as if he were a rank rookie just about make his first bid in tinsel town. He is, in short, a fascinating case study...

Q: Is it hard being SRK?
Of course not sweetheart. It’s never hard being Shahrukh. But it is a great responsibility being SRK. But honestly I don’t understand this psychological babble about being bigger and better than one’s self and raising a bar for the self. I am me and I have always been this way. I just feel I will burn out sooner than most people. In this case, I do believe its better to burn out than to fade away. I realise, without sounding too patronizing or vain, that once you’re a star you have to shine. You can’t stop, till there is a supernova. Frankly, I don’t have a problem with that.

Q: As a star do you always struggle with the need to always please?
There is a fear. Actually there is a mind gap. My whole struggle is to always balance out the real in my mind with all that isn’t. It is very easy to get carried awayand to rise above what one is. I don’t have that luxury because I am a hardcore family man. I still have the middle-class values instilled in me by my parents in Delhi and I carry that with me even today. My wife, my sister and my kids look at me as a part of them. We are one big organism and no matter what I maybe for the world outside the gates of Mannat, inside I am just another member of the family, equally important and equally less important.

Q: So many of your contemporaries are moving into directing. Is that an area we’ll see you going in?
I don’t know yet. I think it’s a very lonely job. It’s very nice, but am I ready to be so lonely so early? Not quite. I like the sound, the noise and the people. I want to do television, endorsements, Knight Riders and movies. I want to do so much and when there is nothing left to do, then I will direct.
Farhan
Farhan

1st Position
Best Person

https://frnds.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan Empty Re: Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan

Post by Farhan Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:07 am

Q: How does the year feel to you?

A: Life is exhausting, but very good. Till recently, I thought films and film personalities were hardly eligible for national honours. I'm happy cinema is being taken seriously and finally being considered an art form. Earlier, painters and dancers, and not film actors, were considered good enough for national honours. They do a fine job, so do we. But just because we actors get more popularity it shouldn't preclude us from government-endorsed awards.

I hope film actors and actresses get more national awards. It feels very nice. I'm very proud of it. I never thought I'd get a Padma Shri. It makes me feel what I've been doing is worth something. Insha Allah, I hope I can get higher national awards in the years to come.

Q: Your Padma Shri coincided with a whole truckload of popular awards this year.

A: This year it felt even nicer because I got various popular awards for different performances. I think it's more appropriate if an actor is awarded for his entire body of work during a year rather than just one performance. I felt good getting awards this year for "Veer-Zaara", "Main Hoon Na" and "Swades". I think all the films that I've done this year have contributed in equal measure to make me what I was during the year. In fact, I thanked the directors of all three films during every awards function. I love getting awards, even though some people think I get too many awards and that they've lost their relevance in my career.

Q: "Swades" was exceptional because it's very far removed from your other films. Did its box office failure disappoint you?

A: No! I always say it's not the manzil but the journey that matters. I often don't watch my completed film. I enjoy the process of acting in them. I push it promote it, participate in the projection... and then I move on. Then I don't make any inquiries about the box office performance. It isn't that I'm detached from the end-result, because I hope for the sake of the people behind my films that they do well. I enjoy doing all my film regardless of how it finally performs.

As for "Swades", I told the director Ashutosh Gowariker that it won't work commercially. The film was nobly intended... Even "Main Hoon Na" had a noble thought (India-Pakistan amity) behind it. There're ways and ways of putting a message across.

Q: Did the role of the conscientious Indian in "Swades" change you as a person?

A: But I think like my character in "Swades". Unfortunately I'm not in a position to change the way our society functions. My efforts to bring social awareness should not be restricted to short films on cancer, polio and AIDS. I think cinema is a very important medium of putting social messages across. My last film "Paheli" was again an entertainer with a social message. It talked about women's emancipation. But it wasn't a bra-burning propaganda film. I think films like "Black" and "My Brother...Nikhil" serve a great social purpose. But I want the message in my film to be more fun-oriented. That's where I come from.

I started with street theatre. And we used to put across ideas on family planning or dowry with a lot of enjoyment. I love nautanki, folk theatre, cartoons and puppetry. These are vibrant forms of artistic expression. I love to express myself through basic art forms.

Q: Well, you've flippantly referred to yourself as a 'bhand' in the past?

A: I see nothing wrong with that word. The bhand performs a beautiful art-form. Unfortunately, we tend to think of it as cheap or derogatory. They were the first genuine actors of our country, though I suspect Parsi theatre was older.

Q: Would you be tempted to return to 'safe' films because "Swades" hasn't done well?

A: In this matter I believe in what Mr Amitabh Bachchan does. I don't tell filmmakers what to make with me. I didn't write "Swades". I can't tell writers to write a film keeping in mind whether 22 people or 22 million people liked it. I just do what they ask me to. I like to sell a dream. I like to tell stories. I'm a very good storyteller. I can convert the most boring topic into a riveting tale. I tell stories to my children every night. Some stories they don't like, so I avoid them. Others they like and I repeat them with variations. I can't keep repeating the same story the same way just because it works once. Filmmakers also need to understand that.

Q: Is direction around the corner?

A: I do have a understanding of what people enjoy and what they don't. But direction is too lonely a job. I'd want to make a huge action -- my "Badshah" done in the right spirit -- which will definitely take me over budget. My vision is too wacky to be budgeted. Let's see... Right now, I don't have a story to act in, let alone direct.

Q: You and Karan Johar have gone into joint production. Is this a move towards strengthening the Johar-Khan-Chopra empire?

A: It's more an emotional than a professional collaboration. Karan's dad, the late Mr Yash Johar, always wanted me to be part of any film that he produced. He made a very generous deal with me... that I'd be a partner in his profits and no part of his losses. It was a gesture that I'd never forget. What sort of a one-sided deal was this? Now that Yashji is gone I feel even closer to the Johar family. Karan looks at me as an older brother. I'd like to be part of his productions in any way that he wants me to be, unquestioningly. Over the years I've accumulated a lot of friends. I guess that's my biggest asset.

Q: Finally, what's happening with your memoirs?

A: I'll complete my book, "20 Years Of A Decade", now. I just need to assimilate and elaborate on my memories. I'll give it over to my publishers by year-end . They've been waiting patiently. My main theme in the book is, 'Goodness begets goodness'. I recently met a fan in Delhi who said, "The only reason you have is because you give." I found that very touching. That's what my mom used to say. That's what my book is about. Allah has been kind. The important thing about my career is not my success but that I'm still there working hard.
Farhan
Farhan

1st Position
Best Person

Back to top Go down

Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan Empty Re: Being Shahrukh Khan - Exclusive interview with King Khan

Post by **AnGel eY3s** Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:24 am

srk is srk
**AnGel eY3s**
**AnGel eY3s**
Angel Moderator
Angel Moderator

Best Person

Back to top Go down

Post by Farhan Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:25 am

lolz u ko bara pata hi ? lolz
Farhan
Farhan

1st Position
Best Person

Back to top Go down

Post by **AnGel eY3s** Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:26 am

na tou tumhe buhat pata hena
**AnGel eY3s**
**AnGel eY3s**
Angel Moderator
Angel Moderator

Best Person

Back to top Go down

Post by YUSRA Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:55 am

mujhe bhi pata hai ...... SRK IS SRK......

YUSRA
Angel
Angel

Most Efficient Member

Back to top Go down

Post by **AnGel eY3s** Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:17 am

hahaaa ab usne kuch aur tou nahi na ban jana
**AnGel eY3s**
**AnGel eY3s**
Angel Moderator
Angel Moderator

Best Person

Back to top Go down

Post by YUSRA Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:26 am

bas uska itna hi bana kafi hai

YUSRA
Angel
Angel

Most Efficient Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Farhan Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:42 am

lolzz ahan Yusra u us ki jagah le lo =P SRK ki =P
Farhan
Farhan

1st Position
Best Person

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiza Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:56 pm

yar aisi kiyaa khas baat hai srk mai.....he is just okk as i think.......waise interview acha tha Very Happy
Fiza
Fiza
Administrator
Administrator

Administration Award

Back to top Go down

Post by **AnGel eY3s** Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:16 pm

lolxxx.... farhan jaga kese le sakti hai yusra?
**AnGel eY3s**
**AnGel eY3s**
Angel Moderator
Angel Moderator

Best Person

Back to top Go down

Post by YUSRA Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:48 am

nahi farhan me us se ziyada achi ho ... Srk se

YUSRA
Angel
Angel

Most Efficient Member

Back to top Go down

Post by **AnGel eY3s** Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:06 am

hmmm yusra kitni achi ho:p
**AnGel eY3s**
**AnGel eY3s**
Angel Moderator
Angel Moderator

Best Person

Back to top Go down

Post by YUSRA Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:19 am

ajnabiii yeh to mujhe bhi nahi pata k kitni achi ho ... Ho bhi ya nahi.... per srk se to achi ho

YUSRA
Angel
Angel

Most Efficient Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down